Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Apocalypse Smiles Back

Finally, I am making my peace with the end-times. Until now my apathy has been enforced by powerlessness as I longed for a restoration of rational, constitutional rule. In my dreams I was a Karl Rove of the left, an über-effective, behind-the-scenes guy driving the rogues out of town, then resting on my rotting laurels in a cushy think tank somewhere.

What ever happened to tar and feathers? Consider those deserving to be ridden out of Washington on a rail and chucked over a boundary into a gated retirement, possibly in prison. Why bother anymore. The Gingrichers are leaving anyway or gone. The corruption of the government--the thing they longed for in the first place--is accomplished.

Newt was always a standing insult to decency. Now he skulks around the Vatican under the skirts of his wife. Her only qualification for ambassadress was adultery, the structural perversion, insolence and impiety of that a fitting culmination. Meanwhile, new recruits in their places man the galleys and engine rooms of an already pirated ship. 

The destination--annihilation--has been pre-programmed into its system. The crew have all been schooled, indoctrinated, and sworn to ideological steadfastness. They too will perish but fatalists don't care. We are stuck with them. Why fight it anymore? Our helplessness is perfect and complete. I have smiled at the apocalypse and it is smiling back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment